Assist America Inc., an international company, has an exciting opportunity available for an experienced full-time Human Resource Manager to join and grow with our team! Headquartered in Princeton, NJ, Assist America, Inc. provides emergency services for over 30 million travelers worldwide and has offices in the US, India, the Philippines, China, and Lebanon.
The Human Resources Manager will partner with the leadership team to efficiently execute the organization’s Human Resource and talent needs. This position will provide support and guidance to employees when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise. There is a need for strong attention to detail in order to maintain compliance throughout the organization and prioritize tasks. This individual must maintain a professional demeanor and make sound, well thought-out decisions.
Primary Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage the recruitment process which will include developing/updated job descriptions, posting job advertisements, sourcing resumes, phone screening candidates, interviewing candidates, and making an offers to qualified job applicants.
- Lead the onboarding process for new hires. Assist employees throughout the employment process by administering background checks and processing new hire paperwork.
- Oversee employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Facilitate open enrollment process and assist employees with any questions about their benefits, including health insurance, life insurance, and 401K.
- Administer the paid time off accrual process. Communicate directly with employees and managers regarding approval.
- Maintain accurate and updated employee files.
- Provide payroll changes or other relevant information to the Finance team in advance of regular processing.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; consistently review policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- All Other Duties As Assigned
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent industry work experience.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in Human Resources
Benefits offered by Assist America include:
- Employer-Paid Life & LTD
- Employee Assistance Program
- Travel Assistance
Founded in 1990, Assist America, Inc. is the nation’s largest provider of global assistance services through employee and student benefit plans. Our company was formed specifically to address the unique requirements of the insurance industry’s large membership groups. We pride ourselves on being the premier provider of global assistance services and on having a culturally diverse and geographically minded staff.
Assist America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. The company is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Assist America are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Assist America will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. We encourage applicants of all ages.