Assist America Inc., an international company, has an exciting opportunity available for an experienced full-time Operations Supervisor to join and grow with our team! Headquartered in Princeton, NJ, Assist America, Inc. provides emergency services for over 30 million travelers worldwide and has offices in the US, India, the Philippines, China, and Lebanon.
The Operations Supervisor is currently the first line management role within the Operations Department. This position requires strong concern for quality and accuracy of work with a results-oriented focus. The work involves critical and technical thinking and problem solving based on detailed knowledge of all pertinent facts and thorough analysis of relevant details. The position also provides opportunities for the development of high levels of expertise and independent work. The individual in this position must maintain a professional demeanor and make sound, well thought-out decisions. Importance will be placed on the incumbent's ability to supervise and guide both case managers and coordinators in a tactful manner resulting in an engaged and mutually supportive environment. Flexibility is expected in schedule and the incumbent will work a complementary shift to that of the Manager.
Complementary shift options are:
Early: 6:45 am- 3:00 pm
Late: 11:00 am- 7:15 pm
Primary Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintains direct oversight of all assistance cases including: daily emergence into all live cases
- Manages and directs staff to ensure proper case management, quality case documents and reporting; implements directives as generated through Live Case Review;
- Actively participates in the screening, on-boarding, and training of new employees assuring proper performance expectations are communicated and achieved;
- Ensures proper training is maintained for self and staff and actively seeks additional training opportunities that may be of benefit to the organization;
- Maintains a collaborative atmosphere in support of Company goals, objectives, and culture actively seeking ways in which to further advance these initiatives and collaboration between AAI and AASI;
- Create and maintain shift profiles and scheduling rules within planning models and workforce management applications. (Planit);
- Maintains rotating on-call availability including: nights, weekends, and holidays
- All Other Duties As Assigned
Benefits offered by Assist America include:
- Employer-Paid Life & LTD
- Employee Assistance Program
- Travel Assistance
Founded in 1990, Assist America, Inc. is the nation’s largest provider of global assistance services through employee and student benefit plans. Our company was formed specifically to address the unique requirements of the insurance industry’s large membership groups. We pride ourselves on being the premier provider of global assistance services and on having a culturally diverse and geographically minded staff.
Assist America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. The company is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Assist America are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Assist America will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. We encourage applicants of all ages.