Assist America Inc., an international company, has an exciting opportunity available for an experienced full-time Customer Service Medical Information Coordinator to join and grow with our team! Headquartered in Princeton, NJ, Assist America, Inc. provides emergency services for over 30 million travelers worldwide and has offices in the US, India, the Philippines, China, and Lebanon.
The Customer Service Medical Information Coordinator serves as the primary point of contact for customers seeking travel-related emergency assistance. Incumbents are responsible for the accurate coordination of case management for all assistance requests by conducting research, providing assistance, and documenting case notes in accordance with Quality and Customer Service standards. Calls and documentation can include collection of medical information and HIPAA-compliant sensitive materials.
Multiple shift options are available:
M-F 7:00AM – 3:00PM
M-F 3:00PM – 11:00PM
M-F 11:00PM – 7:00AM
Rotating 12.5-hour shifts
Part time weekend shifts available
Primary Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensures timely, accurate, and quality case management, adhering to department and company practices and policies. May include service requests related to medical referrals, prescription assistance, return of mortal remains, etc.
- Collaborates effectively with other department team members as well as AAI and international employees to ensure a seamless experience for our customers.
- Actively participates in department and interdepartmental meetings, as well as special projects, and shares knowledge and insights to help strengthen the department and organization.
- Researches information within in-house database of providers and other useful information to aid both clients and staff.
- Coordinates with SecurAssist for security case management.
- Creates a team environment by assisting colleagues as needed and participating in various assignments and events geared toward inter and intra-department causes.
- Participates in continuing education classes, seminars, and meetings as requested.
- Provides assistance as appropriate and requested for non-medical case work.
- All other duties as assigned.
Benefits offered by Assist America include:
- Employer-Paid Life & LTD
- Employee Assistance Program
- Travel Assistance
Founded in 1990, Assist America, Inc. is the nation’s largest provider of global assistance services through employee and student benefit plans. Our company was formed specifically to address the unique requirements of the insurance industry’s large membership groups. We pride ourselves on being the premier provider of global assistance services and on having a culturally diverse and geographically minded staff.
Assist America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. The company is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Assist America are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Assist America will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. We encourage applicants of all ages.