Assist America Inc., an international company, has an exciting opportunity available for an experienced Senior Accountant to join and grow with our team! Headquartered in Princeton, NJ, Assist America, Inc. provides emergency services for over 30 million travelers worldwide and has offices in the US, India, the Philippines, China, and Lebanon.
Reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer, this position will be an integral part of our Finance Department and have varied responsibilities in support of Assist America, Inc., affiliated US companies, and our overseas offices. It is anticipated that over time, and based on individual skills and abilities, the incumbent in this position may assume increasing responsibilities within the department working closely with other senior management team members and the Chief Financial Officer.
Founded in 1990, Assist America, Inc. is the nation’s largest provider of global assistance services through employee and student benefit plans. Our company was formed specifically to address the unique requirements of the insurance industry’s large membership groups. We pride ourselves on being the premier provider of global assistance services and on having a culturally diverse and geographically minded staff.
Primary Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Supports domestic and foreign offices with general accounting needs, account maintenance, and account reconciliation
- Prepares various journal entries, account reconciliations, and provides General Ledger support.
- Supervises staff accountants assigned in handling various accounting functions.
- Prepares monthly financial and claims reporting.
- Coordinates closely with accounting firms in other countries to prepare journal entries and financial statements.
- Reviews, prepares and processes Assist America Services, Inc. bi-weekly payroll data.
- Supports Independent Contractor operations through the preparation of 1099 forms.
- Calculate commission payments for both domestic and international sales activity.
- Completes relevant payroll information for all verification of employment, unemployment, disability, and other requests.
- In collaboration with Human Resources Department, ensures compliance with all applicable state and federal wage and hour laws.
- Assist in product pricing.
- Special projects and other duties assigned by the CEO and CFO.